For information on beach plum production and marketing, consult the beach plum web site, Beach Plum: A New Crop for New Markets. It includes more information including, food science reports, pests, history and new articles and contact information for growers and suppliers. Some information presented in this report was first published as, The Beach Plum: A History and Growers Guide, by Cape Cod Cooperative Extension.
1. Bailey, J.S. (1944). The Beach Plum in Massachusetts. Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station Bulletin. 422:16 pp.
2. Doran, W.L. and J.S. Bailey (1957). Vegetative Propagation of Beach Plums. The National Horticulture Magazine 36(4): pp 349 352.
3. Doran. W.L. and J.S. Bailey 1943. A Second Note on the Propagation of Beach Plum by Softwood Cuttings. The American Nurseryman LXXVIII No. 8.
4. Graves, George (1944.) The Beach Plum, Its Written Record. The National Horticulture Magazine. April 1944: pp 73 97
5. Stiles, W. C. and W. S. Reid (1991.) Orchard Nutrition Management, bulletin 219, Ithaca, NY, Cornell University Cooperative Extension.
|About the Authors|
Authors: Richard H. Uva, Postdoctoral Associate,
SARE Fact Sheet # 08AGI2005