Do you or a colleague have a book manuscript on sustainable agriculture, but no publisher? Do you have an idea for a video on a particular sustainable ag topic—or perhaps for ag communications research—that would serve your farmers, ranchers and educators well? SARE Outreach wants to hear your ideas. If your idea meets the criteria below, use the product nomination form to submit it for consideration.
SARE Outreach communications products can include, but are not limited to:
- Books, bulletins, manuals and fact sheets
- Multimedia (videos, podcasts)
- Workbooks or planning manuals
- Desktop or mobile applications
- Online products (websites, digital storytelling, online forums)
- Communications research (information needs and impact assessments, SARE portfolio analysis)
- Supports SARE’s mission to advance innovations that improve profitability, stewardship and quality of life
- Addresses a critical information gap for farmers, ranchers and/or agricultural educators
- Extends SARE and SARE-funded research
- Feasible within constraints of budget, time and skills of production partners
- Uniquely appropriate to SARE Outreach’s role (versus SARE regions, state coordinators, or other partners)
SARE Outreach can provide:
- Content development and editing
- Production and/or distribution services
- Financial support
- Technical assistance
- Promotion and web hosting
Product nominations are reviewed and prioritized by the SARE Outreach Steering Committee each spring and fall. SARE Outreach staff develops a proposed work plan based upon the Steering Committee’s recommendations each fall. SARE’s Operations Committee makes final budgetary decisions each winter.
Submit your information product idea using the product nomination form.
To request more information on the review process or criteria, contact:
Note: Submissions will be prioritized by the SARE Outreach Steering Committee for possible development based on alignment with SARE Outreach’s selection criteria and capacities. Product submissions are intended to assess information needs and opportunities only. Submission or acceptance of product concepts does not constitute a request for or guarantee of funding or a commitment to collaboratively develop the product.