Learn more about providing adequate fertility to crops being grown in hoop houses, greenhouses and other season extension structures.
This video series was developed by Kansas State Research and Extension, and includes segments on the following topics related to commercial high tunnel or hoop house production:
Five certified organic farms in the Kansas City area did one-year comparisons of the use of compost, fertigation and foliar feeding on high tunnel tomatoes, with respect to quantity and quality of yields.Download File (761.53 kB)
The following resources, which were not funded or produced by SARE, contain valuable information.
Organic Greenhouse Tomato Nutrition (a University of Vermont fact sheet)
Watering and Fertilizing Tomatoes in a High Tunnel (a University of Missouri fact sheet)
Table of Contents
- Season Extension: An Overview
- Season Extension: Types and Construction
- Season Extension: Cultivar Selection and Variety Trials
- Season Extension: Fertility Management
- Season Extension: Pest Management
- Season Extension: Water Management
- Season Extension: Temperature Management
- Season Extension: Marketing and Economics