1. Adams, R. G. and J.C. Clark, eds. 1996. Northeast Sweet Corn Production and Integrated Pest Management Manual. University of Connecticut Cooperative Extension. 120pp.
2. Cook, R. A. Carter, P. Westgate and R. Hazzard. 2003. Direct silk applications of corn oil and Bacillus thuringiensis as a barrier to corn earworm larvae in sweet corn. HortTechnology 13:509-514.
3. Cook, R., A. Carter, P. Westgate, and R. Hazzard. 2004. Optimum timing of an application of corn oil and Bacillus thuringiensis to control Ledpiopteran pests in sweet corn. HortTechnology 14(3): 1-8.
4. Hazzard, R.V., B.B. Schultz, E. Groden, E.D. Ngollo, and E. Siedlecki. 2003. Evaluation of oils and microbial pathogens for control of Lepidopteran pests of sweet corn in New England. Journal of Econ. Ent. 96(6): 1653-1661. December.
5. Hazzard, R. and P. Westgate. 2004. Integrated Caterpillar Control in Organic Sweet Corn, Part 3: Evaluating oils and emulsifiers, and spreading the word. Organic Farming Research Institute Final Report.
6. Handley, D., and M. Hutton. 2003. Early sweet corn variety trials. Proceedings from the New England Vegetable & Berry Conference and Trade Show & Fruit Meeting. Manchester, New Hampshire. pp158-163.
7. Dively, G., and T. Patton. 2003. Field evaluation of ear tip coverage and OMRI-approved Entrust insecticide for control of ear-invading insect pests. University of Maryland. http://www.agnr.umd.edu/users/nrsl/entm/IPM/Dively.htm.
8. User Guide: Biological Control of the European Corn Borer with Trichogram Releases. Insecterra Inc., Quebec, Canada.
9. Ferro and Weber. 1988. Managing Sweet Corn Pests in Massachusetts. University of Massachusetts Extension, University of Massachusetts Amherst. 6 pages.
10. Kovach, J, C. Petzoldt, J. Degni and J. Tette. A Method to Measure the Environmental Impact of Pesticides, Table 2, List of Pesticides. New York State Integrated Pest Management Program, http://www.nysipm.cornell.edu/publications/eiq/.
11. Hazzard, R. A. Carter, and P. Westgate. 2003. Implementing a Bio-intensive Strategy for Caterpillar Control in Sweet Corn. NE SARE final report. grant # LNE99-118.
About the Authors
SARE Fact Sheet # 01AGI2005