- NCR-SARE Seeks Nominations for “NCR-SARE Hero”...
- Farmers Forum Videos from the 2016 Practical Fa...
- Farmers Urged to Participate in Cover Crop Survey
- Cover Crops Can Help Control Pests by Fostering...
- Prototype Farm Machine Expands Applications in...
- Compost Made with Freshwater Fish Improves Vege...
- Western SARE Appoints New Regional Coordinator
- 2016 Funded Grants Announced
- 2016 Funded Graduate Student Projects
WANT GRANT INFORMATION?
Hot Topics in Sustainable Agriculture
Visit SARE's Topic Rooms for in-depth resources on important topics in sustainable agriculture, including:
The many benefits of cover crops are increasingly appreciated among farmers. They play an important role in erosion control, weed control, soil conservation and soil health. With careful selection and management, they fit into any crop rotation or cropping system, such as no-till farming, and are integral to organic farming.
Find in-depth information about high tunnels, hoop houses and other season extension techniques, including high tunnel construction, commercial greenhouse production, high tunnel vegetable production and more.
Every day, farmers and ranchers around the world develop new, innovative strategies to produce and distribute food, fuel and fiber sustainably. While these strategies vary greatly they all embrace three broad goals, or what SARE calls the 3 Pillars of Sustainability:
There are almost as many ways to reach these goals as there are farms and ranches in America.
To learn more, check out the award-winning What is Sustainable Agriculture?.