Cultivating Climate Resilience on Farms and Ranches outlines the new challenges that changing weather patterns pose in agriculture throughout the United States, and what you can do to make your farm more resilient.
By understanding the climate risks to your production system and practices that can reduce those risks, you can identify some management steps that will improve the resilience of your farm or ranch to changing climate conditions while allowing you to achieve your other sustainability goals.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Climate Resilience in Agriculture
- Observed and Expected Changes in Weather by U.S. Region
- Understanding Climate Risk
- Understanding Your Farm's Exposure to a Changing Climate
- Soil, Water and Other Sensitivities to Climate Change
- Crop and Livestock Sensitivity to a Changing Climate
- Changing Patterns for Weeds, Insects and Diseases
- Adaptive Capacity and Climate Resilience
- Enhancing Climate Resilience with Whole-Farm Management
- Understanding Climate Resilience
- Managing Farm Resources for Climate Resilience
- Getting Started: Exploring Your Risks and Assessing Your Options
- Climate Risk Management Resources for Farmers and Educators