Cultivating Climate Resilience on Farms and Ranches outlines the new challenges that changing weather patterns pose in agriculture throughout the United States, and what you can do to make your farm more resilient.
By understanding the climate risks to your production system and practices that can reduce those risks, you can identify some management steps that will improve the resilience of your farm or ranch to changing climate conditions while allowing you to achieve your other sustainability goals.
Table of Contents
- Climate Risk Management Resources for Farmers and Educators
- Getting Started: Exploring Your Risks and Assessing Your Options
- Managing Farm Resources for Climate Resilience
- Understanding Climate Resilience
- Understanding Climate Risk
- Enhancing Climate Resilience with Whole-Farm Management
- Adaptive Capacity and Climate Resilience
- Soil, Water and Other Sensitivities to Climate Change
- Changing Patterns for Weeds, Insects and Diseases
- Crop and Livestock Sensitivity to a Changing Climate
- Understanding Your Farm's Exposure to a Changing Climate
- Observed and Expected Changes in Weather by U.S. Region
- Introduction to Climate Resilience in Agriculture