Across the country, as energy prices climb, farmers are turning more and more to clean energy practices. From energy-saving light bulbs to solar panels to fuels grown and processed on the farm, farmers are making their operations more profitable, efficient and cleaner.
Clean Energy Farming: Cutting Costs, Improving Efficiencies, Harnessing Renewables features innovative SARE-funded research and examples of farmers who are improving energy efficiency while saving money, implementing farming practices that both save energy and protect natural resources, and producing and using renewable fuels.
Table of Contents
- First Steps on the Clean Energy Path
- Cut Costs and Energy Use Through Efficiency
- Don Bustos: Saved by the Sun
- Farm to Save Energy, Curb Pollution
- Curbing Climate Change
- Rick Kellison: Saving Energy by Saving Water
- Generate Energy on the Farm