These resources address irrigation and other water management strategies in season extension structures.
This video series was developed by Kansas State Research and Extension, and includes segments on the following topics related to commercial high tunnel or hoop house production:
This Iowa State University video/fact sheet describes how to build a system to catch, store and reuse the rainwater for high tunnel irrigation.
Additional Resources on Managing Water in High Tunnels
The following resources, which were not funded or produced by SARE, contain valuable information.
Center for Plasticulture at Penn State University (a website with information on drip irrigation and other aspects of season extension production)
Watering and Fertilizing Tomatoes in a High Tunnel (a University of Missouri fact sheet)
Table of Contents
- Season Extension: An Overview
- Season Extension: Types and Construction
- Season Extension: Cultivar Selection and Variety Trials
- Season Extension: Fertility Management
- Season Extension: Pest Management
- Season Extension: Water Management
- Season Extension: Temperature Management
- Season Extension: Marketing and Economics