Financing the Farm: Applying for an FSA Loan
This plain language guide from New Entry Sustainable Farming Project helps farmers apply for a USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) loan. These loans can help producers start, expand or own their own farm business. Learn about the types of FSA loans and find instructions for applying. The guide also has information on developing a business plan. Download now:
Plain language guides from New Entry include:
- Applying for Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP)
- Applying for the Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP)
- Financing the Farm: Applying for an FSA Loan
- Guide to USDA's NASS End of Season Fruit and Vegetable Inquiry
- Harvesting Crops for Market
- How to Begin Your Small Farm Dream
- Managing Risks on the Small Farm
- Selling at a Farmers Market
- Wholesale Packing Resource Guide
Want more information? See the related SARE grant(s) ENE05-092, Northeast Network of Immigrant Farming Projects .
How to order
Only available online
This material is based upon work that is supported by the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, U.S. Department of Agriculture through the Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) program. Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the U.S. Department of Agriculture or SARE.