Crop Rotation on Organic Farms
This manual provides an in-depth review of the applications of crop rotation-including improving soil quality and health, and managing pests, diseases, and weeds. Consulting with expert organic farmers, the authors share rotation strategies that can be applied under various field conditions and with a wide range of crops.
- Problems and opportunities for over 500 crop sequences
- Characteristics of more than 60 crops and 70 weeds
- Crop diseases hosted by over 80 weed species
- Modes of transmission for 250 diseases of 24 crops
- Thirteen sample four- and five-year vegetable and grain crop rotations
- Managing Crop Rotation Chart with key tasks and steps
- Sample worksheets and calculations
- Step-by-step procedure for determining crop rotation plans
How to order
Order by phone: (301) 779-1007.
Visit How to Order for bulk discount and shipping rates, additional ordering options, order tracking information and more. This publication is distributed by SARE Outreach.