The standard site search covers all SARE content, including publications, the projects database, regional sites and the calendar of events. Along with the standard search, advanced search options are available for each of the following:
Learning Center Search
When searching for products in the Learning Center, separate search terms using the and and or operators; do not separate with commas. Use quotation marks for an exact phrase. Results will include all terms if no operators are used. Find explanations for the terms used to index Learning Center search.
Standard Site Search
When conducting a standard site search, consider these tips:
- Multiple-term searches might return results that include some of the terms, but not all of the terms. For example, a search for grazing sheep parasites might include results containing the term sheep but not the terms grazing or parasites, etc. Join multiple terms with a plus ( + ) symbol to specify that results must include all of the terms. For example, grazing + sheep + parasites will only return results containing all three terms.
- To search for an exact phrase with multiple words, surround the entire phrase with quotation marks. Placing a single word in quotation marks will perform a "fuzzy" search that returns results with the exact word AND similar words.
- You can exclude documents that contain a certain term by prefixing that term with a minus ( - ) symbol.
- NOTE: Filtering search results by a SARE region will include all results from the SARE Projects Database, regardless of region.
- Check spelling of keywords.
- Try changing some keywords (eg, "car" instead of "cars").
- Try searching with less specific keywords.
- Reduce number of keywords to get more results.