Project Search Tips
Search projects using either a full-text, advanced keyword, or project coordinator name search.
Full Text Search Tips
For a full-text search, define the type of search you’d like to conduct then enter keywords, such as the title or project number, in the search string box. Once you enter your search terms, click on the "search" button. Pressing the "return/enter" key on your keyboard will not activate your search. To list all projects nationwide, or within a region or project type, enter an asterisk in the “search string” field, and click “Search.”
Defining search type: To refine your search results, select the search type by choosing an “AND”, “OR”, or “PHRASE” search.
- Select “AND SEARCH” and enter “intensive grazing” in the search string to reports which contain both of these words
- Select “OR SEARCH” and enter “intensive grazing” in the search string to find reports which contain either “intensive” OR “grazing.”
- Select “Phrase SEARCH” and enter “intensive grazing” in the search string to find reports which contain the phrase “intensive grazing.”
Narrowing your search: The following searching options are available to narrow your search, using the pull-down windows (click on the arrow to show choices, then click on your selection):
- Search all types of SARE projects, or select one type of project (see types of SARE grants).
- Search all four SARE regions, or select one region to search.
- Search within all of the states, or select one state to search.
- Select one of the following sort order options:Search Term Weight: Sort by how frequently the search terms occur in the reports.
- Chronological: Sort by project date
- Project Title: Sort alphabetically by project title.
Searching project numbers: To find a specific project number, type the letters, the year, a dash, and then the number, without any spaces:
Note that the final number must be three digits, so you may need to add one or two zeros after the dash:
INCORRECT: AS93-9, AS93-09
Wildcard search: Use the wildcard symbol (*) to search for words with the same root:
Example: Enter “Fertil*” in the search string box to find reports containing words starting with 'fertil', such as fertile, fertilize, fertilizer, fertility, fertilization.
Advanced Keyword Search Tips
To conduct an advanced keyword search, first define the type of search you’d like to conduct. Narrow your search parameters by indicating project type, region, state, and sort order in the drop down boxes on the advanced keyword search page. Then, select the keywords from the keyword groups. You can select keywords from multiple groups, multiple keywords within a group, or no keywords within a group. Then click "Search".
Defining search type:
- “AND” Search: Finds reports that include ALL of the keywords you select
- “OR” Search: Finds reports that include ANY of the keywords you select
- The default is the "and" search.
Project Coordinator Name Search Tips
To conduct a project coordinator’s name search, enter the project coordinator’s last name in the search string box, then click "Search."