Cover Crop Topic Room: Pest Management
Influence of Cover Crops on Insect Pests and Predators in Conservation Tillage Cotton
Results of a two-year research project to determine the impact of several cover crops on pest and predator...
A Sunn Hemp Cover Crop for Soil Health and Nematode Management
These University of Hawaii fact sheets and virtual field day explain how to use sunn hemp as a cover...
Winter Annual Weed Suppression in Rye–Vetch Cover Crop Mixtures
Zachary Hayden received an NCR-SARE Graduate Student Grant to evaluate the relative effects of rye,...
Invertebrate Pests and Their Natural Enemies in Conservation Tillage Cropping Systems
In this webinar by Dr. Mary Barbercheck and Maggie Douglas, learn the basics about key early-season...
Optimizing Weed Suppression and Nutrient Use Efficiency in Cover Crop-Based No-Till Organic Corn
In this webinar, Hanna Poffenbarger of the University of Maryland and Steven Mirsky of the USDA-ARS...
Also, visit SARE's database for reports on these research projects:
- Trials and Informing Regional Farmers About Organic Weed Control Methods (2011, New Mexico)
- Integrating Ground Cover Crops and New Herbicide Strategies (Conventional and Organic) for Tree Growth and Soil Health, Part 1 and Part 2 (2011, New York)
- Suppression of Soybean Diseases Through the Use of Cover Crops (2010, Illinois)
- Rolled Down Cover Crop Mulch for Pumpkin and Soybean Production (2009, Pennsylvania)
- Selecting a Sunn Hemp Cover Crop Genotype for Weed Suppression and Seed Production (2008, Florida)
- Selecting Cover Crops for Diverse Functions: An Integrated Soil Management Approach for Organic Strawberry Production in North Carolina (2007, North Carolina)
- Using Cover Crops and Crop Diversity to Optimize Ecologically Based Weed Management (2005, Pennsylvania)
- Mustard Green Manures for Potato Production (2003, Washington)
Dig deeper into cover crops research: SARE has funded hundreds of research and education projects related to cover crops since 1988. This topic room features only a glimpse into SARE's entire portfolio of cover crop research. To discover more, visit SARE's database of projects and conduct full text or advanced keyword searches.