SANET-MG Usage Terms
SANET-MG is a discussion group sponsored by the SARE Outreach program to facilitate information exchange about sustainable agriculture. SARE Outreach operates under a cooperative agreement with the Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) program, administered by the National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), USDA to develop and disseminate information about sustainable agriculture.
Postings that constitute unlawful activity, service disruptions to other list subscribers or other violations of the Usage Terms shall constitute abuse of the list. Subscribers who abuse the list may be moderated or unsubscribed at the sole discretion of the list owner.
Your participation in this forum constitutes your agreement to the Usage Terms. Under these terms, you agree that:
1. All content and the views expressed on SANET-MG are solely the responsibility of the sender and do not represent those of the SARE Outreach or the Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) program;
2. SARE Outreach does not moderate this list, control the content or guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such content, and cannot otherwise protect users from content that is offensive, indecent, or objectionable;
3. SARE Outreach and SARE shall not be held liable for loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of content transmitted via SANET-MG;
4. SARE Outreach reserves the right to unsubscribe or moderate individuals for excessive bounces of postings back to the server or repeated failure to deliver to a subscribed address;
5. SARE Outreach retains the right to modify these terms of service at any time;
6. You will not upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
7. You will not upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any postings that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, slanderous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
8. You will not knowingly upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
9. You will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity or disguise the origin of any content transmitted via SANET-MG;
10. You will not post unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except those specifically related to sustainable agriculture;
11. You will not interfere with or disrupt the service or servers or networks connected to the list;
12. You will not intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or any regulations having the force of law;
13. You will not victimize, harass or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability;
14. You will not collect or store personal data about other users;
15. You will avoid off topic postings;
16. You will not post attachments or html-formatted messages to the list.
17. You understand that posted messages are retained in the list archives and are publicly accessible. SARE Outreach’s general practice is to decline requests to remove messages from the list archives.
18. You will not use SANET to encourage other subscribers to 1) contact legislators or administrators to endorse specific positions on pending legislation or rules or 2) vote for or against political candidates or election issues. SANET is supported by federal funds which are not to be used to influence legislative activity, elections or rulemaking.