North Central SARE Presentation
SARE Cover Crops Webinars
As part of the Missouri SARE State Program, Debi Kelly hosted two webinars on Cover Crops in fall 2012. Presenters included Charles Ellis, a Natural Resource Engineer with the Lincoln County University of Missouri Extension Center, and Rich Hoormann, an Agronomy Specialist with Montgomery County University of Missouri Extension Center.
First Webinar: September 4, 2012. Charles Ellis and Rich Hoormann speak about cover crops for drought sites.
- Least Risk & Expense cover crops for fall 2012
- Cover crops that offer fall grazing or hay opportunities
- Cover crop species that offer winter/spring grazing opportunities
- Cover crop species that scavenge N
- Cover crop species response to fall applied nutrients
- Broadcasting cover crop equipment and experience
- Drilling cover crop species into crop residue
Second Webinar: October 24, 2012. Charles Ellis and Rich Hoormann speak about cover crop demonstration results from work they have been doing with 2 local farmers.
- Laddonia Plots: Corn plant growth & development response to cover crops with yield information
- Results of 2012 spring root dig with backhoe by species
- Results of soil penetrometer readings by species
- Results of green seeker readings on corn by cover crop species
- Nitrate recommendation results by cover crop species
- Above ground biomass by cover crop as estimated by green seeker technology
How to Order
Only available online
Visit the website: Cover Crops Webinar
These products were developed with support from the Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) program, which is funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture-National Institute of Food and Agriculture (USDA-NIFA). Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed within these products do not necessarily reflect the view of the SARE program or the U.S. Department of Agriculture. USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.