Course 2. Strategic Farm/Ranch Planning and Marketing
This course consists of three modules:
- Planning and Business Development
- Marketing Opportunities and Strategies for Sustainable Farm/Ranch Businesses
- Managing the Farm/Ranch Business for Long-Term Success.
The information, examples and challenges presented in the course primarily apply to farmers in the start-up or transition phases who are interested in exploring new business ideas, management practices and marketing strategies. However, in the course’s third module, Managing the Farm/Ranch Business for Long-Term Success, we talk briefly about on-going business management, estate planning and farm transfer for clients who have mature businesses or are ready to retire.
By the end of this course, you will be able to…
- walk clients through the goal setting process
- find resources to help clients evaluate new ideas
- provide guidance to clients as they develop business and marketing plans
- foster critical thinking and offer risk management advice
- help clients prepare for a meeting with lenders and seek financing alternatives
- advise about farm transfer and retirement options
- more fully appreciate sustainable farm business management principles
To access the course, you must first register as a student in the eXtension campus site, and then enroll in this specific course, Strategic Farm/Ranch Planning and Marketing. If you already registered as a student in the eXtension campus site to take the first course in this series or other eXtension courses, you do not have to register again. Just login using your ID and password.
Once you have set up your account, you can bookmark the eXtension campus home page and go there directly to log in when you are ready to start or continue the course. You don't need to come back to this page. Detailed information about the course, technological requirements, navigation, and continuing education credits are available at the course home page.
After you register and log in to the eXtension campus, click on Courses → Agriculture category → Sustainable Agriculture sub-category. Click on the course title.
Enjoy the course!
How to Order
Only available online