Needs and Issues
On the second day of the Pacific subregional conference, the island representatives refined issue priorities and action steps and team members needed to act on those priorities. For information, click on your Island of interest.
The tabletop reports are organized like this under each issue:
- Comments to Western SARE Administrative Council: These are some of the main points the island group intended to share with Council members by the close of the conference. The suggestions cut across all SARE funding programs.
- Professional Development Program: These comments are specific to Western SARE's Professional Development Program, which provides grants for training and education opportunities for Extension, NRCS, FSA staff and other agriculture professionals. The comments suggest changes or program support to address the issue.
- Land Grant: These comments are directed at role the University of Guam, College of Micronesia and the College of Northern Marianas Islands should play in addressing the issue, and tasks they should undertake.
- Island Team: This is the suggested mix of Island stakeholders (university, agencies, farmers, NRCS, and others), and what steps they should take to address the issue.
As you look at these Day 2 tabletop reports:
- The reports are taken directly from each table's notes. Some recorders used few words to convey their point.
- In addition to these Day 2 tabletop notes, a more complete understanding of each island’s issues, priorities and proposed actions is available under "Island Reports" on this Pacific Conference link.